June 24, 2009

Happy Trails = Happy Feet

I thought that I'd share some pictures of the trails around my house. I'm very fortunate to live in a town where there are such wonderful walking paths and trails all over town. I enjoy walking them in my VFFs. Someday, I'll have tough enough feet to walk them completely barefoot, but not quite yet. Enjoy.

The famous red shale path


The Bow River and Jumping Pound Creek


Happy feet in VFFs on the trails


Trail in the trees


Washed out path with smooth river rocks


Path to the river


Path beside the river


I remember when I first wore my VFFs on the trails, my feet used to get tired quickly and have a tough time on the rougher terrain. Since then, my feet have become much stronger and even the rough gravel in some sections no longer bothers me. I've learned that the key is to relax your feet and you can walk on pretty much anything. I walk these trails almost every day and love the diversity in the terrain and the beautiful scenery. It's a great workout for the feet.