August 13, 2009

Miscellaneous Updates

I thought I'd post some miscellaneous updates:

In case you've been wondering about my running progress, there hasn't been any... Yet. After my last running experiment, I did a bunch of travelling which turned out to be pretty hard on my back injury so I'm laying off the running for now and will probably try again in September. I am walking everyday (in minimalist footwear only) and started swimming a bit to try to gain back some core strength (in the hopes that running will be easier when I start that again).

I have a pair of Soft Star moccasins that I'm trying out to review for the Living Barefoot site. So far, they are very comfortable (although my spouse isn't very keen on the look of them).

Hopefully I'll get to try out some other barefoot alternative footwear for review as well. I'm hoping for some Sockwas and Feelmax shoes to try.

Al and I are working on the Living Barefoot Podcast Show Episode 4 and hope to have it released by the end of August.

That's all for now. I'll update more as it develops.