May 6, 2011

Miscellaneous Updates

I prefer to write one blog post per subject but my 'Barefoot Adventures' have taken over my life recently, in a totally awesome and creative way. So here are some updates as to what's going on in my world:

I wrote my first Book Review for Living Barefoot. Al and I decided to venture into writing book reviews and I thought the first one should be for Born to Run. It's definitely a different writing style and process than writing shoe reviews. In fact, Al was so surprised with it he initially doubted that I wrote it. :) Here's the link: http://www.livingbarefoot.info/2011/04/book-review-born-to-run-by-christopher-mcdougall/.

My WOODWAY Treadmill Review was posted. I had so much fun at Stenia Health and talking with the owner, Kelsey Andries, that I had to write more about the WOODWAY treadmills. There was a bunch of material that I'd taken out of the Barefoot Running Treadmill Review that I felt still needed to be shared so I wrote the WOODWAY Treadmill Review for this material. If you're looking for a treadmill to run barefoot on, these were undoubtedly the best of the 20 treadmills I tried. Here's the link: http://www.livingbarefoot.info/2011/04/review-woodway-treadmills/.

This past May 1 was International Barefoot Running Day! As I had run the day before (in my Evos), I celebrated by going for a barefoot walk with my family. I'm working up to barefoot running outside (after many barefoot runs indoors this winter) so decided to start this year's barefoot running program with some barefoot walking (as suggested in the Complete Idiot's Guide to Barefoot Running). I have a long way to go before I'm ready to run barefoot on concrete, my tender feet have some sole strengthening to do. But spring is here and the weather is warming up so I can look forward to many more barefoot walks, progressing to barefoot runs, in the coming months.

Living Barefoot Coaching has taken off! I have two clinics booked already and plan on looking for many more venues when I return from the VIVOBAREFOOT Coaching Program in New York. This is super exciting for me and I can't wait to share the joys of Natural Running with experienced runners and those looking to start or get back into running.

Stay tuned for stories from New York City! Off to pack...