November 2, 2009

Running with My Running Buddy

Yesterday, I FINALLY got to run with my running buddy. It was awesome! I ran 16 intervals of 30 seconds with no pain. I didn't realize it until yesterday how much I missed running with a partner. I was afraid to do it before now because I'm still quite 'breakable' when I run and I didn't want to set myself back at all. My running buddy must have known this because she was great the whole time. Here's a picture of my running buddy.

Running buddy, Kiah, with her tongue hanging out



Running is going well. I try for two days of running and two days of swimming per week. Sometimes my back still gives me problems so I don't get them all in but it doesn't bother me too much.

I'm still running outside in my VFF Flows with Injiji socks on. This combination is good to about 0 degrees Celsius. Thankfully, I can wait until the day is at its hottest to run, whenever that may be. So as long as there's no snow and ice, and it's slightly above 0, I'll be outside with my running buddy. Thanks Kiah!